Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up for July 25, 2010: Work and This Week!

Work has been a little insane the last week. As most of you know, I am currently working as a seasonal park ranger at a local park in my hometown. I started the job 7 summers ago as a college student. It was the perfect job for a college life, since the work is pretty seasonal. I was promoted a couple of years ago to the title of "Summer Assistant," which basically means that when the Head Ranger isn't there, I am in charge and take over.

It is an awesome job, but obviously it is not what I really want to do. I am not able to work in the winter months and while the pay is okay, it is not great for someone with two college degrees.

Anyway, we have been pretty busy...and sweltering in the heat and humidity. This summer has been one of the hottest I can remember in Michigan, and it is super nasty when you are working outside. It is hard to keep some motivation to dive into the heat and haul woodchips...or do any of the other pleasant outdoorsy things we do.

Today, however, was on of the busiest days I can remember. I was hauling trash bags and cleaning up litter almost all day. I am super tired and hot, so I am going to stop my rambling and get on with the point.

Basically, I have been working a lot and the heat is draining, so I haven't spent a lot of time online recently. But I have a good chunk of time tomorrow evening and I am planning on getting a few posts written for this week.

I have a lot planned for this week. I am going to put up my final post on Robinson Crusoe post with my thoughts. You all had a lot of things to say about the book, so I am glad that I can finally get my own opinions out there! Of course, there will be another "Thursday Treat" post on Thursday to highlight another fun read from my past. I also have two posts on the two sets of "fun reads" I had over my vacation (I just finished the second set last night). And on Saturday, the second of my posts on One Hundred Years of Solitude will go up.

So yeah, this will be another busy, busy week!

I am also going through the process of culling some of my books. I own about 1200 books, so I am looking to get rid of 100 or so. I have a really hard time letting go of my books, so I am going to try and start with a small number. I already have about 25/30 set aside. I am sure I will be giving some away, so look for that in the future!


Lastly, coming up near the end of August is my "blogversary." While I didn't start my project until September 1st, I had a few posts up at the end of August. I am planning a few things for that week to celebrate, and will be doing some fun contests.

Anyway, Happy Reading everyone! And enjoy your week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 1200 books is pretty huge! I have no idea how many books we own but we get rid of books all the time.

    ReplyDelete