Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Fall TBR.

Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday!

This week's topic is one of my favorites-our top picks for our Fall "To be Read" lists. For some reason, these topics are always my favorite. I love searching my shelves to find new and old gems.

Truthfully, I failed at my summer TBR list, so I'm trying to be a bit realistic in what titles I'm going to read this fall season. School has only been in session for two weeks, and I'm already drowning in papers (English teacher plus 2 AP history courses. It's a lot of writing). But I've been working towards spending a little more time on myself and the things I really enjoy at home. Reading is up there on that list.

In no particular order:


1. Stand Off by Andrew Smith: This book just came out and my copy is already here and waiting on my bookshelf to be read. I loved Winger, so I have super high hopes for this one (but it's by Smith, so I know it'll be amazing). I think I might reread Winger before diving in, but we shall see. :)


2. The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith: Yep, a second Smith title. This is one of his older books, but I've been meaning to finish reading his backlog (I have 3 or 4 to go). And after just rereading the blurb, I'm even more excited to pick this one up. I have a feeling it'll be amazing. Because Smith.


3. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon: This is one of those books that has been EVERYWHERE and I finally caved and bought it because it just looks...so good. I'm thinking it'll make a perfect readathon book this fall, so I'm saving it!


4. More Fables by Bill Willingham: I'm officially halfway through the series and just acquired a few more, so I'm ready to dive in and finish the series. These are incredibly addicting, but the plot is great and I love the break from normal reading. If that makes any sense.


5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: Truthfully I've already started this one, but it's a perfect fall reread. It's been giving me a lot of things to think about on this reread, but I'm loving it and can't wait to finish it (and write about it).


6. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens: This was actually inspired by last week's TTT post, where I mentioned that a Dickens seem fitting for this time of year. I feel like I've been pulled to this one, and giving it another shot to impress me. We shall see.


7. The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather: I need to reboot my Willa Cather Project, and this is the next title on the list. I think this is another one I'm going to save for the readathon. I read My Antonia for one a couple years ago and it was a fabulous experience. Time for a repeat.


8. Winter by Marissa Meyer: I LOVE this series, so I'm excited for the final title to come out in November. It'll be one of those books that I buy the day it debuts!


9. Sammy and Juliana in Hollywood by Benjamin Alire Saenz: I have longed claimed that this is one of my favorite YA titles of all time, but it has been a number of years since I've read it. I think this might be another one for the readathon pile.


10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: Since I'm currently reading her sister's work, I think it might be time to return to Emily as well. This is the perfect read for a cool fall day when Matt is at work. :) I'm looking forward to it.

What books are you looking forward to this fall? Let me know below!

5 comments:

  1. Why didn't I include Winter on this list??? I've been dying for that one for 18 months now! I guess I forgot that November is still technically fall, heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuthering Heights is the perfect Fall read, I have always associated falling leaves with Emily Bronte's moors. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need some Cather reads and rereads too. It's been ages since I read My Antonia or O Pioneers! I used to reread them every couple of years. I've been thinking about a Dickens reread lately too but mine will probably be David Copperfield as it's my favorite. I need to find a pretty new copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Song of the Lark is on my fall TBR, too. Cather is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Great Expectations. I was a bit disappointed in Everything Everything, but does seem like it would be good for readathon.

    ReplyDelete